Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cultural Event 3-Salsa Club

Another awesome event I was able to experience while in New York City was going to a salsa club. It was so entertaining to watch these extremely experienced couple dance together and move their feet and bodies in a way I have never really seen first hand. The amount of improvisation when dancing with new partners was really cool to see too. I had the opportunity to learn some of the basic steps from one of the teachers there who encouraged me to mainly just move to the rhythm of the music. I had a blast! I would love to learn more about that style of dance and how to connect with the music in that very intimate way. I could hardly believe how much you had to really open yourself up and be vulnerable to the initial discomfort of moving and uniting with a complete stranger, understanding how to get your bodies to move and flow together. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment