Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cultural Event 2-Museum of Modern Art New York City

In the end of January I had the opportunity to visit the MoMA in NYC. I was fascinated to see the different types of art displayed and the many famous photographers' work we had discussed in my photography class hanging on the walls. My favorite section was the photography section because after taking this film class I absolutely have a new appreciation for how difficult it is to create a good quality and interesting photograph. I was especially amazed at how photography has changed over the years. The beginning photographs were mainly formal portraits of men in wigs and women in their enormous elegant gowns while modern photography centers in many ways around candid photographs and offbeat moments where people are caught in a more natural light. My favorite work at the museum was a wall of tiny images from a movie translated into teeny photographs that all combined to tell the entire movie in still form. It was incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment